Get A Head Start With Stepping Stones And Step Up With Shari At SRCC!
Providing a safe, warm, nurturing and FUN environment with developmentally appropriate activities and facilities, the Southampton Racquet Club & Camp’s Stepping Stones program is the PREMIER program in the Hamptons, and is The ONLY Place For Your Pre-K & Nursery Camper This Summer!
At Southampton Racquet Club & Camp, as well as activities such as, and not limited to tennis instruction, athletics, creative & performing arts, enrichment, and imagination stations (playground, nature, cooking, silly science, music & story time), we are committed designing & implementing a specifically tailored program designed to meet the individual needs and to develop the ‘Whole Camper’.
We are committed to developing our 7 key elements throughout the summer:
- Developing Core Values through our STARFISH program
- Increased self-confidence, self-esteem, and resilience through our Mission & Philosophy
- Advanced Social Skills & Independence with small groups and the BEST staff-to-camper ratio in camping
- Improved Motor Skill Development through a range of gross motor and fine motor creative activities
- Increase self-awareness though our imaginative & creative program
- Continued Education through interactive learning and Step Up program
- Best Learn-to-swim program taught daily in a full sized, heated pool
Along with our interactive TGIM (Thank Goodness It’s Monday) and our 3 Year Old mini-day program, we think you’ll agree that Southampton Racquet Club & Camp could be the perfect place for your camper this summer.
STEP UP with Shari’s Little Learners
Our exciting new partnership with Shari’s Little Learners will see all 2.5-4 year old campers experience enrichment sessions on a weekly basis as part of their schedule. Our program is specifically designed to provide the children with a solid foundation for early academic learning and social success, all while supporting the 8 components of the STARFISH program.
Each week, the children will be introduced to a different summertime theme. A typical 30-minute session will include the following:
- Sharing: Campers will share information about the weekly theme, tapping into their prior knowledge and personal experience. Listeners will offer comments and questions following the STARFISH values.
- Song/Poem: All children will participate in reciting a poem, or song, based on the weekly theme. The focus may be on phonemic awareness and phonics including rhyming and letter identification or numbers and counting.
- Group Activity: A wide variety of activities based on the weekly theme will accommodate various skill levels. Some sessions will have a clear focus on a particular academic skill such as patterns, while others may focus on language such as categorization, similarities and differences.
Parents will receive a weekly summary about each Step Up with Shari’s Little Learners session, including suggestions for follow-up at home and ways to continue the lesson beyond the campgrounds.
We couldn’t be more excited for the summer to arrive and for our Stepping Stones comports have the best summer ever!